Jobs and Internshipswells reserve & laudholm trust
Full- and part-time positions, fellowships, and internships.
For volunteer opportunities, please visit the Volunteering page.
We have no paid positions open at this time.
Posted December 9, 2013. Be the lead guide for trail-based education programs for groups averaging 10 people and lasting 2-3 hours; assist with maintenance of program materials and improvement of program evaluations.
- Dates: Flexible. Most hours between April 28 and June 7, 2014. Intern could be involved as early as February and would be expected at Docent Training dates in March and April (TBA).
- Schedule: 20 hours/week. Most programs occur in the morning.
- Compensation and Benefits: This is an unpaid position. Housing is available beginning in May. Excellent opportunity with a leading research and environmental interpretation organization in a beautiful setting.
- More information: Download complete details.
- Deadline: Applications (cover letter and résumé) will be considered as received. Final deadline February 21, 2014.
Graduate Research Fellowship Program
The National Estuarine Research Reserve System’s Graduate Research Fellowship provides master’s degree students and Ph.D. candidates with an opportunity to conduct research of local and national significance that focuses on enhancing coastal zone management. Fellows do their research within a National Estuarine Research Reserve and gain hands-on experience by participating in their host reserve’s research and monitoring programs. Graduate Research Fellowship projects are based on the reserves’ local needs, the reserve system’s national priorities, and the students’ interest. For more information, visit http://nerrs.noaa.gov
Unpaid internships in coastal science and environmental learning are available to students and teachers of biology, marine biology, environmental studies, science education, and related fields. Please call for more information.