Everywhere you look...
...there's something going on. If you were here this morning, you would have witnessed a unique variety of activities. The Wells Reserve is a prime destination for lots of different reasons.
- Early this morning, a United Way Day of Caring team from York County came in to begin a project to rescue an old apple orchard from massive tangles of invasive plants.
- Today was the first official day for the bird banders. They were busy under the copper beech and even had a couple of surprises: Indigo Bunting and Barn Swallow.
- Several residents from Atria Senior Living came on this lovely day for a picnic lunch in the middle of campus. (That's their bus in the photo above.)
- A group of schoolkids gathered on the hilltop to try out the education department's watershed model as part of the range of experiences they had while here.
- And Appleseed's was doing a photo shoot for their line of classic women's apparel. They especially liked the porch on the big house. Of course, doesn't everybody?
In the offices and laboratories, the diverse business of the Wells Reserve and Laudholm Trust continued as usual. More on these later.