Kayaking on the Little River Estuary
Paddle on calm and quiet waters while observing wildlife and learning about the natural history of estuaries, our treasured habitats.
2017 is our seventh year offering these popular guided tours led by registered Maine Kayak Guides.
Tour group size is kept small, with a maximum of six participants. Kayaks, paddles, and personal flotation devices are provided. The 3-hour time frame includes a short paddling lesson, 5-minute walk to the launch site and back, and launching of the kayaks. Actual time on the water is between 2 and 2½ hours. Launch times vary depending on tides. See calendar for specifics.
- Wednesday, June 28, 1-4pm
- Friday, July 7, 9am-12pm
- Thursday, July 13, 1-4pm
- Friday, July 21, 9am-12pm
- Tuesday, July 25, 11am-2pm
- Thursday, July 27, 1-4pm
- Monday, August 7, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 8, 10am-1pm
- Friday, August 11, 12-3pm
- Monday, August 21, 10am-1pm
- Wednesday, August 23, 11am-2pm
- Friday, August 25, 12-3pm
- Wednesday, September 6, 10am-1pm
- Monday, September 11, 1-4pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 10am-1pm
- Wednesday, October 4, 9am-12pm
Participant requirements include:
- Minimum age of 12 years old (and 12-15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult)
- Maximum weight of 325 pounds
- Ability to get up from a seated position on the ground
Below are a selection of photos taken during our 2016 kayaking season. We hope YOU will join us this year!