Education & Trainingwells national estuarine research reserve
Wells Reserve educators engage people in environmental learning, both on site and in local communities.
Each year, thousands of children and adults participate in educational programs at our “living laboratory,” in our barn classroom, and in a modern teaching laboratory.
The Coastal Training Program (CTP) assists communities in protecting clean water, maintaining healthy ecosystems, and balancing conservation and development. Through seminars, field trips, skill-based workshops, and technical assistance, the Coastal Training Program helps support resilient coastal communities.
Wells Reserve CTP audiences include:
- Municipalities (staff, boards, committees)
- Land trusts and property owners
- State and federal agencies
- Public utilities (water, sewer, energy)
- Developers and contractors