Public Programswells national estuarine research reserve
Public programs are a high priority at the Wells Reserve. We are pleased to offer a diverse slate of inexpensive activities throughout the year.
Easy walks that last 1½ or 2 hours. Free. Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.
- Secrets of the Salt Marsh Walk Jun 24
- Nature Walk Jun 25
- Life Between the Tides Walk Jul 1
- History of a Saltwater Farm Walk Jul 2
- Nature Walk Jul 8
View more Guided Tours on our full calendar
Seasonal sessions with a sharp focus. Fees vary.
- All Seasons Garden: Sheet Mulching and Home Composting May 30
- All Seasons Garden: Drip Irrigation Jun 4
- Bird Banding Demonstration Jun 5
- Bird Banding Demonstration Jun 12
- Late Spring Wildflowers Jun 16
View more Special Programs on our full calendar
Lunch 'n' Learns
Informal noon-time brown bags. Suggested $2 donation includes admission. Bring your lunch.
Diverse offerings in Mather Auditorium. Suggested $5 donation includes site admission.
- Rachel Carson at Southport Jul 10
- Climate Stewards Lecture Series: You, Your Food, and the Survival of the Planet Aug 27
- Climate Stewards Lecture Series: Keeping the Blue Skies "Green": Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Vacation & Business Travel Sep 17
- Climate Stewards Lecture Series: The Long Haul to Recover from Fossil Fuel Addiction Oct 21
These programs are best for boys and girls who are 3 to 5 years old. Fees vary.
Just for Kids Camps
Nature programs that let kids explore, create, experiment, and play. For ages 6 to 10. Scholarships are available.
- Just for Kids Camp: Tidepool Tales Jul 1
- Just For Kids Camp: Marsh & Mudflat Mysteries Jul 3
- Just for Kids Camp: Turtles, Toads, & Snakes—Oh My! Jul 8
- Just for Kids Camp: Marine Mammals Jul 9
- Just for Kids Camp: Feathered Friends Jul 10
View more Just for Kids Camps on our full calendar
Junior Researchers Camps
Week-long day camps that introduce ecology and the study of nature to kids ages 9 to 12. Scholarships are available.
Coastal Training Program
Putting science to work for people whose decisions impact coastal environments. Fees vary.
- Greening Your Conservation Subdivision May 28
- Invasive Plant Species ID and Control Workshop May 30
- Sustaining The Saco Estuary--Challenges for Science and Stewardship Jun 3
- Project Design and Evaluation for Restoration Jun 6
- The Mapping Revolution Jun 11
View more Coastal Training Program on our full calendar
Informative sessions prepare you to teach school groups, lead public programs, join monitoring efforts, or patrol trails. Free.
Bird Walks and Audubon Talks
- Birding Kennebunk Beach, the Mousam River and Nearby Locations May 21
- Bird Walk Jun 8
- Bird Walk Jun 22
- Bird Walk Jul 13
- Bird Walk Jul 27
View more Bird Walks and Audubon Talks on our full calendar
Celebrations and festivals to bring people together. Fees vary.
- Kennebunks Tour de Cure Jun 9
- 13th Wells Antiques Outdoor Show & Sale Jun 23
- Maine Beaches Conference Jul 12
- VentiCordi Chamber Music Jul 17
- DaPonte String Quartet: "Sunrise - Sunset" Aug 11
View more Special Events on our full calendar
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.