Public Programswells national estuarine research reserve
Public programs are a high priority at the Wells Reserve. We are pleased to offer a diverse slate of inexpensive activities throughout the year.
Celebrations and festivals to bring people together. Fees vary.
One-day and week-long camps that introduce ecology and the study of nature to kids ages 5 to 12. See listing for appropriate ages for each program. Financial assistance is available.
There are currently no upcoming Kid's Camps.
These programs are best for boys and girls who are 3 to 5 years old. Fees vary.
Easy walks that last 1½ or 2 hours. Free. Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.
There are currently no upcoming Guided Tours.
Seasonal sessions with a sharp focus. Fees vary.
- Kayaking on the Little River Estuary Sep 5
- Meet the Scientists: Salt Marsh Geology Sep 8
- Morning Yoga Sep 9
- Kayaking on the Little River Estuary Sep 11
- Kayaking on the Little River Estuary Sep 18
View more Special Programs on our full calendar
Coastal Training Program
Putting science to work for people whose decisions impact coastal environments. Fees vary.
- The Sandy Dialogues with York, Ogunquit, Wells and Kennebunk Community Members Sep 11
- The Sandy Dialogues with Municipalities, Emergency Responders, and Climate Adaptation Professionals Sep 12
- The Sandy Dialogues with Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Biddeford & Kennebunkport Community Members Sep 12
- Tour: Building a Resilient Coast Sep 13
- Bridging the Gulfs Sep 22 – Sep 23
View more Coastal Training Program on our full calendar
Lunch 'n' Learns
Informal noon-time brown bags. Suggested $2 donation includes admission. Bring your lunch.
Diverse offerings in Mather Auditorium. Suggested $5 donation includes site admission.
Informative sessions prepare you to teach school groups, lead public programs, join monitoring efforts, or patrol trails. Free.
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.