Public Programswells national estuarine research reserve
Public programs are a high priority at the Wells Reserve. We are pleased to offer a diverse slate of inexpensive activities throughout the year.
Celebrations and festivals to bring people together. Fees vary.
- Earth Day Celebration Apr 22
- 2nd Spring Spiff Up — A Day of Service May 3
- Kennebunks Tour de Cure Jun 8
- 14th Wells Antiques Outdoor Show & Sale Jun 29
- Piano in the Barn Jul 17
View more Special Events on our full calendar
One-day and week-long camps that introduce ecology and the study of nature to kids ages 5 to 12. See listing for appropriate ages for each program. Financial assistance is available.
- Whales are Awesome—Just Like You! Apr 23
- School Vacation Week Day Camp: Vernal Pool Party Apr 24
- Summer Camp: Turtles, Toads, & Snakes, Oh My! Jun 30
- Summer Camp: Insect Safari Jul 1
- Summer Camp: Feathered Friends Jul 2
View more Kid's Camps on our full calendar
These programs are best for boys and girls who are 3 to 5 years old. Fees vary.
Easy walks that last 1½ or 2 hours. Free. Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.
There are currently no upcoming Guided Tours.
Seasonal sessions with a sharp focus. Fees vary.
- Moonlit Snowshoe Walk Mar 13
- Morning Yoga Mar 18
- Internet Safety Policy Mar 18
- Woodcock Watch Apr 10
- Woodcock Watch Apr 11
View more Special Programs on our full calendar
Coastal Training Program
Putting science to work for people whose decisions impact coastal environments. Fees vary.
Lunch 'n' Learns
Informal noon-time brown bags. Suggested $2 donation includes admission. Bring your lunch.
Diverse offerings in Mather Auditorium. Suggested $5 donation includes site admission.
There are currently no upcoming Evening Programs.
Informative sessions prepare you to teach school groups, lead public programs, join monitoring efforts, or patrol trails. Free.
York County Audubon
Evening programs, guided bird walks, and other activities led by our local Audubon chapter. Most are free.
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- Groups of 10 or more must make arrangements in advance.