Laudholm Storelaudholm trust — in support of wells reserve
Selected items from our gift shop are available for purchase online.
Proceeds benefit Laudholm Trust, in support of Wells Reserve. Online transactions are handled by PayPal but you don't need a PayPal account to buy.
Wade Zahares Poster $10
Local artist Wade Zahares created this artwork for our 10th annual Punkinfiddle festival. In it, he gracefully links the historic Laudholm Farm campus to the underwater world of a southern Maine estuary. Bold, playful, and with a strong sense of place, this 18" x 24" poster is a perfect way to evoke the Wells Reserve at Laudholm.
Coastal Fish of Southern Maine & New Hampshire $19.90
Coastal Fish of Southern Maine & New Hampshire describes 43 fish species that live all or part of their lives along the immediate coast of our region. It provides an easily accessible and reliable reference to a fascinating, important, and often vulnerable coastal fish community.
This book combines results from local research and monitoring with information gleaned from technical journals, books, unpublished reports, and interviews and correspondence with scientists and fishermen. The result is a complete and convenient resource for curious naturalists and fish enthusiasts, a handy reference for the home, the classroom, or the field.
- Chloe Johnson of The Wire was the first to introduce the book.
- Robyn Burnham's Journal Tribune story on September 30, 2008, "'M' is for Mackerel," was featured on the front page above the fold!
- Lee Bumsted's Gulf of Maine Times review appeared in the December 2009 issue.
- Paul Dobbins of Ocean Approved LLC wrote: "The book...really motivated me to make sure I get out snorkeling this summer with my kids. The pictures were beautiful and it had just the right amount of information in an easily accessible format."
- Keep your copy up to date: Download the errata (21 Oct 11).
Laudholm: The History of a Celebrated Maine Saltwater Farm $15.00
In Laudholm, The History of a Celebrated Maine Saltwater Farm, Joyce Butler recounts how a prominent parcel of land in Wells evolved from early English settlement to exemplary progressive farm to National Estuarine Research Reserve over a span of 350 years. Butler explores the lives and times of Henry Boade, the Symonds brothers, the Clark family, and the Lords, stewards of the lands and buildings that are now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Laudholm Live CD NOW JUST $5 POSTPAID
Our Laudholm Live CD features the acts who believe in our mission and appeared at the first Laudholm Live Music Festival in August 2009. Get these 12 tracks:
- Simple Life, Jason Spooner
- Time for You, Steve Jones
- The Widow's Watch, Clara Berry
- Cease to Exist, Dominic and the Lucid
- Spaceship, Jason Spooner
- Pickin' Up the Pieces, Steve Jones
- Doubt, Clara Berry
- Poor Boy, Dominic and the Lucid
- Black and Blue, Jason Spooner
- She Loves to Sing, Steve Jones
- The Doll, Clara Berry
- Be in Love, Dominic and the Lucid
It's Maine talent produced by Greetings from Area Code 207 and Cornmeal Records, and mastered at Fishtraks in Kittery.
- Prices for merchandise include 5% Maine sales tax.
- The Laudholm Trust member discount is not available online; please visit the Wells Reserve Visitor Center or order by telephone to receive 20 percent off.
- Items normally ship within 48 hours via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
- Retailers — Please contact us about wholesale pricing.
Become a member — enjoy free admission to the Wells Reserve; discounts on events, programs, and gifts; and special mailings.