Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
The Art & Science of Craft Beer
To brew good beer, you need clean water.
Calling all enthusiasts! Come to the Wells Reserve at Laudholm for an engaging day of talks and tastings for creators and lovers of all things beer. Expect experts and homebrewers, mixing and mingling and getting all frothy - it's the Art & Science of Craft Beer.
On hand for the day will be panelists and pourers from:
- Tributary Brewing Co., Kittery
- Funky Bow Brewery and Beer Company, Lyman
- Allagash Brewing Company, Portland
- Rising Tide Brewing Company, Portland
- USM Quality Control Collaboratory
- The Hop Yard
10:00-10:15 - Arrivals and welcome
10:15-11:00 - Plenary talk: "Clean Water, Great Beer" with Tributary Brewing Company and the Wells Reserve
11:15-12:30 - 25-minute expert panels and Q&A sessions on:
- The Chemistry of Beer - Abraham Lorrain from Funky Bow Brewery and Dr. Luci Benedict from the University of Southern Maine Quality Control Collaboratory
- The Craft of Beer - representatives from Allagash Brewing Company and The Hop Yard
- The Community of Beer - Heather Sanborn from Rising Tide Brewing Company
12:30-2:00 - Food truck lunch and tastings in the barn
IMPORTANT NOTE: a $10 food truck lunch voucher is included in the workshop ticket price.
Brewers' Words of Wisdom
"Water is the most vital component in the brewing process."
—Tod and Galen Mott, Tributary
"I started to put that biology to good use. We opened a brewery."
— Abraham Lorrain, Funky Bow
This workshop is part of the Wells Reserve at Laudholm's 2017 "Summer of Art & Science" program season of concerts, lectures, readings, workshops, and the POWER OF PLACE outdoor sculpture show. Discover more at www.wellsreserve.org/art
Date & Time
Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Discounted Price: $40.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.
Special Instructions: See full description above for details.