Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
Punkinfiddle Family Festival and National Estuaries Day Celebration
It's our 14th year!
Punkinfiddle is a family festival and National Estuaries Day Celebration. The day features:
- Old-fashioned Games
- Traditional Crafts
- Lively Music
- Hands-on Learning
- Tasty Food
- Farm Animals
- Sheepdog demonstrations
- Smiles and Laughs
With Punkinfiddle, our aim is to foster stewardship of coastal environments by celebrating the richness of estuaries, Maine's cultural traditions, and our beautiful historic site.
Punkinfiddle always falls on National Estuaries Day, the last Saturday in September.
Kids Free! Over 16 = $7 ($5 for Laudholm members)
- Invite your friends using Facebook
- Getting Here
- For performers, artisans, vendors
- Read blog posts tagged 'Punkinfiddle'
Planning to Attend?
Thousands of people have enjoyed this event since the first one in 2003. We make it work rain or shine. It's a great time.
Not sure? Check out photos from past Punkinfiddle festivals.
You can get directions to our site here. Please understand the Wells Reserve at Laudholm is a smoke-free facility and no pets are permitted on the site.
Many Thanks to Our 2016 Sponsors!
- Camden National Bank
- Pratt & Whitney
- Sevigney-Lyons Insurance Agency
- Kittery Trading Post
- Roger A. Auger & Associates, Ameriprise Financial Services
- Maine magazine
More than a dozen artisans will demonstrate traditional skills and answer your questions about how to get started yourself.
- Violin Making with Claire Curtis
- Folk Instrument Making with Tom Berry
- Pumpkin Carving with Moe Auger
- Basket Weaving with Mary Carter
- The Southern Maine Guild of Spinners and Weavers
- and much much more
More to See and Do
- GAMES: Our own volunteers and the folks from Museums of Old York keep the action happening with these and more: Tug-o-War, Wheelbarrow Race, Sack Race, 3-legged Race, Pumpkin Bocce, Stilt Walking, Hoop Racing, and Invented Games
- FAIRY HOUSES: Find your building materials under the copper beech.
- CRAFTS: Make Corn Husk Dolls and Other Fun Projects
- ANIMALS: Sheep, Goats, Horses, Ponies, Chickens, and the energetic sheepdogs of Two Coves Farm
Bring a picnic if you like, but don't worry if you don't have time to prepare a basket.
- Duffy's Tavern & Grill will be serving up a good lunch.
- Arundel Ice Cream will scoop out of their mobile dipping cart.
- The Cider Donut Company will tempt with cider donuts and coffee.
Performers: We have been fortunate to welcome many talented musicians and storytellers to this event. If you are interested in performing at Punkinfiddle, please review this information first, then get in touch with us.
Artisans: We work with specific artisans who are especially interested in demonstrating traditional skills. The focus is on education rather than sales. If you have a special skill that would be a good fit for Punkinfiddle, please call us at 207-646-4521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors: Punkinfiddle is not a sales event, though musicians and artisans do sell products and promote services. The Punkinfiddle committee limits the food vendors to preselected, local businesses.
2012-2016 Punkinfiddle Art
Our fantastic artwork was created by local artist Wade Zahares. Posters are available in the Visitor Center.
Date & Time
Saturday, September 24, 2016, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Discounted Price: $5.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.