Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
30th Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival
Artisan application materials are now available.
About the Festival
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is held in Wells, Maine, every September on the weekend after Labor Day. This prestigious event brings more than 100 artisans, selected by jury, to exhibit their wares for thousands of browsers. Music and food round out the 2-day festival.
- 110+ Master Artisans (selected by jury)
- Thousands of One-of-a-Kind Gift Items
- Incomparable Seaside Setting
- More than $8,000 in Raffle Prizes
Attending the Crafts Festival
Please plan ahead: Get directions here. Traffic is heavy Saturday morning; Sunday is quieter. The Wells Reserve at Laudholm is a smoke-free facility. Pets are not allowed on the site. To cut down on plastic bags, please bring a tote bag.
To get an idea of who participates, you can download the directory of exhibitors for 2016.
Participants in the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival are selected by jury. Application materials are made available in mid January and are due in mid March (see application for deadline). Notifications are mailed in late March or early April.
- The 2017 application fee is $25.
- For accepted artisans, 2016 booth fees ranged from $300 to $375 with up to 400W of electricity included. 2017 booth fees TBA.
Think About This
- More than 3,500 attendees over 2 days
- Since 1988 — One of the longest-running juried craft festivals in Maine
- A short drive from the Kennebunks and Ogunquit on Southern Maine's "gold coast"
- Professional buyers from Portland, Portsmouth, Boston, and New York
- Low application fee
- Nature Theme (read about why)
- Quality of Workmanship
- Booth Setup
- Color Photographs
Application materials for the 2017 festival were posted here January 19. Applications must be received by March 14.
Sign up here to get occasional notices (4 to 6 per year) specifically for returning and prospective crafts festival artisans.
Date & Time
Saturday, September 9, 2017 – Sunday, September 10, 2017, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Discounted Price: $5.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.