Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
Earth Day Celebration
You can still join us to celebrate beautiful planet Earth a day early! This event is family friendly, fun, and free!
The weather is not being very cooperative, so the schedule has been adjusted. We'll be in the barn and the auditorium and having a party anyway!
- Bird Walk (8-10am): Join York County Audubon for a bird walk!
- Earth Jams Concert, featuring Matt Loosigian (10-11am): Fun musical tribute to Mother Earth for young children and their caregivers. Matt Loosigian creates an instant choir with sing-along folk classics and funny original tunes about the Earth. It's more than a concert: it's an experience!
- Earthy Crafts, Games, & Learning (10am-12pm): Make an earthy craft, have your face painted, plant a seed to take home, and play earth-themed active games outside! Engage in activities about wildlife, plants, marine debris, art, and renewable energy. Guests from York County Audubon, Center for Wildlife, Maine Green Power, Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, and University of Maine Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers!
- Nature Walk (11am-12pm): Join a guided walk along the Reserve's trails and make discoveries along the way!
- Laudholm Beach Clean-up (11:30am-12:30pm, weather permitting): Walk the half-mile down to the beach with us and help to pick up cigarette butts, plastic, fishing gear, and other litter on the beach. Be an earth steward!
Matt Loosigian is a folk singer/guitarist specializing in playful, funny songs about ecology and being green. Join him as he works his musical magic in this interactive and fun music show. Inspired by Matt’s incredibly dynamic voice and charismatic performance style, participants will sing, play, and dance along as this musical wizard pulls giggles out of his guitar.
Date & Time
Friday, April 21, 2017, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Discounted Price: NA
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.