Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
Punkinfiddle, A National Estuaries Day Celebration
2013 Event Details coming soon here.
Come to our 10th annual Punkinfiddle festival. This National Estuaries Day Celebration features traditional crafts, hands-on learning, lively music, old-fashioned games, fun food, farm animals, and lots of smiles in a historic seaside setting.
Special Pricing for 2012!
Kids Free! Over 16 = $5 ($4 for members)
Planning to Attend Punkinfiddle?
Great idea! Thousands of people have enjoyed this event since the first one in 2003. We make it happen rain or shine. It's a great bargain.
You can get directions to our site here. Please understand that neither smoking nor dogs are permitted on the site.
- Sevigney Lyons Insurance Agency
- Pratt & Whitney
- Kittery Trading Post
- The Bank of Maine
- Captain Lord Mansion
- Purdy Powers & Company
- Bergen & Parkinson, LLC
- Roger A. Auger & Associates, Ameriprise Financial
Thanks to all of our generous supporters for making Punkinfiddle successful.
Early Bird Beach Cleanup
9:00 am: Head to Laudholm Beach to enjoy its beauty and pick up litter. Please call Nancy if you plan to attend.
We are welcoming local authors for special readings during Punkinfiddle.
- 1:00 pm: Linda Franklin, Into the Pumpkin
- 2:00 pm: Tony Viehmann, The Shenanigans of Slim Pickins
- 3:00 pm: Linda Franklin, Into the Pumpkin
Laudholm Live Music Stage
- 10:30 am: Sammie Haynes — a clever children's performer and thought-provoking songwriter
- 12:00 pm: John Tercyak — a veteran entertainer on guitar, fiddle, and vocals
- 1:30 pm: Deep Hole Road — a quartet performing an eclectic mix of string band music ranging from Celtic to bluegrass, old-timey to swing
- 3:00 pm: Salt River — a foursome's folk/blues style is accented by sweet vocal harmonies and Mike Rogers's signature harmonica
Traditional Arts Demonstrators
More than a dozen artisans will demonstrate traditional skills and answer your questions about how to get started yourself.
- Violin Making
- Folk Instrument Making
- Basket Weaving
- Tape Loom Weaving
- Soap Making
- Tablet Weaving
- Rug Hooking
- Broom Making
- Rug Braiding
- Chair Caning
More to See and Do
- Punkinfiddle Proclamation and Parade (11:30)
- GAMES: Tug-o-War, Wheelbarrow Race, Sack Race, 3-legged Race, Pumpkin Bocce, Stilt Walking, Hoop Racing, and Our Own Invented Games
- CRAFTS: Fish Crown, Noisemaker, Corn Husk Doll, Scarecrow
- ANIMALS: Goats, Sheep, Horses, Ponies
Performers: We have been fortunate to welcome many talented musicians and storytellers to this event. If you are interested in performing at Punkinfiddle, please review this information first, then get in touch with us.
Artisans: We work with specific artisans who are especially interested in demonstrating traditional skills. The focus is on education rather than sales. If you have a special skill that would be a good fit for Punkinfiddle, please call us at 207-646-4521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors: Punkinfiddle is not a sales event, though musicians and artisans do sell products and promote services. The Punkinfiddle committee limits the food vendors to one or two preselected, local businesses.
Event Mission Statement
Punkinfiddle, A National Estuaries Day Celebration, fosters stewardship of coastal environments by celebrating the richness of estuaries, Maine's cultural traditions, and our beautiful historic site. This annual fall festival features environmental education, artisan demonstrations, lively music, wholesome food, farm animals, and children's activities.
2012 Punkinfiddle Art
The artwork for this year was created by local artist Wade Zahares. The original is on display in the Visitor Center and its sale — and sale of posters — will benefit Laudholm Trust. The artist will be on hand from noon to 1 pm to sign posters.
Date & Time
Saturday, September 22, 2012, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Discounted Price: $4.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.