Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
Wells Reserve EcoDay: A Sustainable Planet Fair
Last update: May 17
Join us for speakers, exhibitors, workshops, sports activities, live music, and of course — good food & libations! Kids under 12 free! We'll keep adding details, so check back here or tell us you're attending on Facebook.
Space is limited for some activities. Be sure to sign up at the Information table.
- Paddleboarding (try it – ongoing)
- Kayaking (tours at 10:30, 12:30, 1:30)
- TRX Suspension Training (try it – ongoing)
- Nordic Walking (tours at 12:00 and 2:00)
- Velomobile (see it at 1:00)
- Archery (try it – ongoing)
- Fly Casting
- Fly Tying
- Geocaching (try it – 11:00, 1:00)
- Bicycle Tune-up
- Zumba (try it – 11:15, 12:15)
Kids' Stuff (Mostly)
- Make a Kite
- Make a Button
- Play the Carbon Footprint Game
Our keynote speaker will be in the tent. Other speakers will be in the barn "classroom."
- 10:30 Lisa Turner, Laughing Stock Farm, on eating local, organic food — keynote speaker introduced by Mort Mather
- 11:00 Tanner Watt, Reverb, on greening music tours
- 11:45 Jennifer Hatch, ReVision Energy, on residential solar hot water
- 12:45 Greg Dorsey, Goggin Energy, on solar power systems
- 1:30 Peter Taggart, Taggart Construction, on building green
- 2:15 Nate Bennett, The New School, "When the Mountains Fall"
GET ACTIVE — Aquaholics • Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop • Geocaching • Grain Surfboards • Kennebunkport Bicycle Company • Kennebunkport Marina • Kittery Trading Post • Liquid Dreams • SASS Global Travel • Party Plus Rental (golf challenge game) • Zumba • Wheels N Waves • Wildfire HPV • York Nordic
BE WELL — Fitness – Goodall Hospital • Quest Fitness • Family Acupuncture Center • Family Chiropractic of Kennebunk • Sacred Movement Yoga • Whole Body Chiropractic • Marty Layne Audiology • Kennebunk Center for Dentistry Specialty Foods – Flatbread Company • Jack's Gourmet Specialty Foods • Lakonía Greek Products • Maine Mead Works • Maine Sea Salt Co.
GO GREEN — Goggin Energy • Green Alliance • Atlantic Pest Solutions • Budget Blinds of Southern Maine • Casey's Quality Cars • Jim Godbout Plumbing & Heating • Green Maids of Maine • The Water Depot of New England • Home Snuggers, Inc • Karma Fair Trade • Maine Art (wind sculptures) • Millenium Granite • Mountain Mama • Nonantum Resort • Prime Motor Group • ReVision Energy • Sunrise Guide • Taggart Construction • Avon • Simply Essentials Mall • Stefano's • WCLZ
NOT FOR PROFIT — Center for Wildlife • Cultural Homestay International • Eastern Trail Alliance • Kennebunk/Kennebunkport/Wells Water District • Maine Atlantic Salmon Federation • Maine Island Trail Association • Maine Partners for Cool Communities • Master Gardeners of York County • Mousam & Kennebunk Rivers Alliance • Restore the North Woods • Reverb • Saco River Salmon Club • Wells Reserve Research • Wells Reserve Education • York County Audubon
What's to Eat?
- The Landing Store — sandwiches, chowder, hot dogs
- Duffy's Tavern & Grill — microbrews, wines, slushies
- Stefano's Italian Ices — ices
- Seed & Bean Coffeehouse — coffee and muffins
Please Support the Local Businesses Who are Sponsoring EcoDay
- Budget Blinds of Southern Maine
- Eldredge Lumber & Hardware
- Goggin Energy
- Jim Godbout Plumbing & Heating
- Kennebunk Center for Dentistry
- Maine Mead Works
- Marty Layne Audiology
- The Nonantum Resort
- Oceanside Rubbish
- Prime Motor Group
- Quest Fitness
- ReVision Energy
- Shepard and Read
- Taggart Construction
- Tourist News
- Warner Design Associates
What's that again?
EcoDay offers sustainable oriented events, exhibits, activities, and workshops designed to educate, engage, and entertain people of all ages about discovering eco-friendly ways to connect to a healthy future.
The scenic Wells Reserve and historic Laudholm Farm offer a spectacular setting with estuaries, beaches, and coastal walking trails that are truly spectacular.
EcoDay proceeds benefit Laudholm Trust, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve — advancing coastal stewardship through science, education, and conservation.
Date & Time
Saturday, May 19, 2012, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Discounted Price: $3.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.