Calendarwells national estuarine research reserve
26th Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival
- 100 Master Artisans (selected by jury)
- Thousands of One-of-a-Kind Gift Items
- $5,000 in Raffle Prizes
- How to apply for a spot in the crafts festival
- Check out the Maine magazine photo gallery from 2012
- See articles, photos, and videos tagged 'crafts festival'
- Directions to the site
Buy your Weekender pass at the gate on Saturday and you're all set for Sunday!
About the Festival
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is held in Wells, Maine every September on the weekend after Labor Day. This prestigious event brings nearly 100 artisans, selected by jury, to exhibit their wares for thousands of browsers. Music, food, and environmental education round out the 2-day festival, which takes place on the spectacular Laudholm campus of the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Attending the Crafts Festival
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival runs from 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $7 each day ($5 for Laudholm Trust members), but a 2-day Weekender pass is available for $10 ($8 members). Please plan accordingly: Neither smoking nor pets are allowed on the site.
Participants in the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival are selected by jury. Deadline for receipt of applications is March 15, 2013. Full details are in the application materials below.
Think About This
- More than 3,000 attendees over 2 days
- One of the longest-running juried craft festivals in Maine
- 5 minutes from Kennebunkport and Kennebunk on Southern Maine's "gold coast"
- Professional buyers from Portland, Portsmouth, Boston, and NYC
- Low application fee
- Media partners: Maine magazine and Maine Home+Design
- Nature Theme
- Quality of Workmanship
- Booth Setup
- Color Photographs
- New Work (from those who have exhibited at the festival for several years)
The application window for the 2013 event closed on March 15. If you would like to be notified when materials for the 2014 crafts festival become available, we ask that you provide your basic contact information below. (If your browser accepts cookies — by default, most do — you should only need to fill this form out once.) By including your email address, you will opt in to a helpful crafts festival notification list, but you may opt out at any time.
Submit this form to display hidden content
Date & Time
September 7, 2013 – September 8, 2013, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Discounted Price: $5.00
For Wells Reserve programs, members of Laudholm Trust enjoy discount pricing.
Discounts offered for other programs, if any, are included in the full description above.