The Beaches Conference
Exchanging the most current information among beach and coastal stakeholders with diverse interests.
Registration details coming in 2019.
This program will not be held at the Wells Reserve. See program description for exact location.
Conference: June 14, 2019 • Field Trips: June 13
Kittery Community Center
What is The Beaches Conference
The Beaches Conference works to provide continuing opportunities for exchange of the most current information among beach and coastal stakeholders with diverse interests, and to present the findings from Maine and New Hampshire beach monitoring programs.
- What makes for a healthy beach system?
- Implementing coastal projects to support people and environment
- What's in the water? (i.e., bacteria, toxic contaminants, stormwater, etc.)
- Coastal regulation for municipalities
- Impacts of marine plastics and litter
- Harvesting from the sea: interactions with other uses
- What's happening with marine animals?
- Planning for climate uncertainty using the best science
- Public participation in coastal science
- Coastal access for multiple uses
- The culture, history, and economics of our beaches
- Flooding, erosion, and storms: preparing and responding
More Information & Registration
Coming soon. Check back here or visit the event website.