Earth Day Celebration
Celebrate beautiful planet Earth at this family friendly, fun, and free event!
- General Admission: Free
This event is handicap accessible
- Bird Walk (8-10am): Join York County Audubon for a bird walk!
- Laudholm Beach Clean-up (9-10am): Walk the half-mile down to the beach with us and help to pick up cigarette butts, plastic, fishing gear, and other litter on the beach. Be an earth steward!
- Earth Jams Concert, featuring Matt Loosigian (10-11am): Fun musical tribute to Mother Earth for young children and their caregivers. Matt Loosigian creates an instant choir with sing-along folk classics and funny original tunes about the Earth. It's more than a concert: it's an experience!
- Earthy Crafts, Games, & Learning (10am-12pm): Make an earthy craft, have your face painted, plant a seed to take home, and play earth-themed active games outside! Engage in activities about wildlife, plants, marine debris, and renewable energy with ReVision Energy, NOAA's Marine Debris Program, Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, York County Audubon, and University of Maine Cooperative Extension!
- Nature Walk (11am-12pm): Join a guided walk along the Reserve's trails and make discoveries along the way!
Matt Loosigian is a folk singer/guitarist specializing in playful, funny songs about ecology and being green. Join him as he works his musical magic in this interactive and fun music show. Inspired by Matt’s incredibly dynamic voice and charismatic performance style, participants will sing, play, and dance along as this musical wizard pulls giggles out of his guitar.