Yankee Woodlot Walk: Past, Present, and Future
Guided walk through a small woodlot.
Registration is required by calling Caryn at (207) 646-1555 x110 or emailing email@example.com
Ages 12+ are welcome!
- Members: $5
- Non-Members: $7
This program will not be held at the Wells Reserve. See program description for exact location.
Join Wells Reserve naturalist, Tomas Dundzila, on a guided walk through one of the Reserve's hidden gems, the Yankee Woodlot. Discover the management practices that enhance wildlife and water resources, and provide income from forest products.
Important Program Notes:
- Location: This program starts down the street from the main Wells Reserve campus. Please park in the Yankee Woodlot Trailhead/Alheim commons lot: navigate to 100 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells, ME
- This walk will be less than a mile and take place mostly on trails, though we will step off the trail onto uneven ground for closer observation on occasion.
- Bad weather or unsafe trail conditions may cancel or postpone this walk. Please check the website calendar or email firstname.lastname@example.org for updates.
- Please come prepared for the weather and trails: layers, boots and snowshoes/spikes may be helpful depending on conditions.
- Though this trail allows dogs, we ask that you leave them cozy at home while you attend the program.
- Covid Protocols: Programs will be limited in group size with safe physical distancing. Masks covering both mouth and nose are required at all times.