Going Green — Furthering Living Shorelines in Maine
Learn about shoreline approaches for erosion control and habitat restoration and enhancement
- General Admission: Free
This program will not be held at the Wells Reserve. See program description for exact location.
This workshop will be held at Greater Portland Council of Governments Conference Room, 970 Baxter Boulevard, Portland Maine
Download Agenda here.
Audience: Engineers, landscape architects, consultants, designers interested in incorporating green infrastructure and living shoreline stabilization techniques into projects around coastal Maine.
- Learn about living shoreline approaches for erosion control and habitat restoration and enhancement.
- Learn about local and regional living shoreline project efforts.
- Identify challenges, opportunities, lessons learned, and next steps for encouraging permitting, design and implementation of living shoreline projects on public and private properties.
- Provide updates on regulatory aspects of getting living shorelines in the ground.
- Obtain tools and strategies for executing a successful living shoreline project.
- Create a community of practitioners interested in living shoreline design in coastal Maine and the region.
Worshop Support and Planning Team
- Maine Coastal Program
- Maine Department of Transportation
- Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry
- Wells Reserve
- Greater Portland Council of Governments