Tides, Taxes, and New Tactics
To investigate and plan for the economic and social impacts of sea level rise and storm surge with the towns of Kennebunk, Wells, and York.
- GIS-based economic and social vulnerability assessment of flood hazard impacts to coastal private property
- Evaluation of associated implications for the municipal tax base
- Development of creative, locally-relevant adaptation and resiliency planning strategies
- Community engagement workshops
January 2020: Kickoff meeting
The project is overseen and guided by an advisory committee comprised of municipal staff members from each of the three communities. It is coordinated by SMPDC (contact Abbie Sherwin firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Southern Maine Planning and Development Commission (lead)
- Towns of Kennebunk, Wells, and York
- Wells Reserve
- Maine Sea Grant
- rbouvier consulting
- GIS consultant
Municipal Planning Assistance Program, Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry: $46,187 to SMPDC